4/21/12

why i won't visit you sea

i will go out like a candle if you blow this way wind
for i am too frail and too lost to know my way
so i ask you not to blow
for i will shed dozens of salty tears and wake up the sea
and not to push me around
for i will stumble and fall right into the arms of the sea
please don't beckon me sea
for even though i know you will swallow me whole
i cannot resist your deep blue waves
for i am too keen to sink in your majestic depths
and i will tell you this
if i were to give away my life
i would choose your embracing arms
and for once taste your salty tears
for the first and last time
please let me fall asleep in the humming hollows of your mouth sea
for i want to slumber in your silent blues forever and ever
and ever
a
n
d
e
v
e
r


(I bear a burning love and have a morbid fascination for the sea and I write poems for her to show my affection. And yes, for some unknown reason the sea is a she to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment