1/21/12

1/8/12

The whole house creaks loudly every now and then. I do too, silently of course. This morning I woke up to sunshine and snow. We finally have snow. Winter… I guess she has finally arrived properly, hasn’t she? It is getting colder and colder probably every second so I don’t wonder why the whole house is sighing and creaking. I’m sighing and creaking and I’m tired and I feel melancholic, in the good way though. I’m happy and melancholic at the very same time. I think it’s the best feeling there is, to be both happy and melancholy. It’s like watching a sunset by the ocean; there’s just something about it that makes you happy and yet so melancholy but in overall it’s good, everything’s good. When you’re too happy and everything’s just all sunshine and fun and laugh, it gets lonely and sad. To me it does anyways. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve always felt so much happier when I’m by myself and everything feels light and happy and melancholy and a little heavy at the same time. Yeah, that’s when I’m happy. When there’s this light melancholy everywhere there’s happiness too.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. :) I feel a lot of people wouldn't understand that, but I'm glad you feel that way too.

    By the way, your last post... oh my goodness - it's exquisite. Your imagery is flawless and beautiful, and your conclusion is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling and I totally agree. Classic happiness is just not for me.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete