8/7/12

Beautiful mess of lines

Floating through the days
not here, not here
but everywhere else
Oh how it feels
not to feel
To be someone else

I get so bored
with things so easy
and decent
Souls in disguise
we draw these lines
to follow, to follow
predestined lives
But those who are drunk with life
Now, can they walk a straight line?

So please
let me be
Let me set myself free
So that I can
break out of this
circle of mine
and draw a
beautiful mess of lines
with ink stained feet
and a bleeding restless heart
(to be alive is to bleed)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful, Lena.

    I very much enjoy seeing a glimpse into your heart through your poetry.

    I love the idea of wanting to break out of the predetermined lined lives, to embrace what's true and wild. Neatness isn't everything; beauty can be found in the messier places.

    I've found that reading and writing poetry and reflecting frees me from these predictable patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But those who are drunk with life
    Now, can they walk a straight line?
    "

    I love those lines. They make me smile and think at the same time, hehe.

    I need to break out of my circle too. Here's hoping we both find out how (if you don't know already, that is.)

    P.S. I lurve you. :)

    ReplyDelete